1. Target Groups
All others (more information: How it all began)
2. Example Case
This graph shows you how to proceed to get information about the age and origin of your ivory sample.
3. Inclusion of additional reference samples
Reference samples for the determination of origin should have verified geo-coordinates. This could be either a distinct location or a GPS point. All reference samples were analyzed at the Agroisolab Laboratory in Jülich, Germany. Please contact the Editor-in-Chief for further information and how to proceed if you intend to submit reference samples.
First of all: using this website is free of charge! But you need to analyze your samples before using the ivoryID database.
Cost of the analysis to determine the age (state 2016 and only for University of Regensburg (List of laboratories):
- complete isotope profile: 620 € per sample (without value added tax)
- 14C/C only: 360 € per sample (without value added tax)
Cost of the analysis to determine the origin: usually less than 200 € for multiple isotope testing, please contact one of the laboratories
5. List of laboratories performing the measurements
6. My laboratory is interested to become accredited for ivoryID.org?
Any participating laboratory needs to run a proficiency test with ivory powder which will be sent out to interested parties. Please contact the administrator
7. Whom can I contact if I have questions about the determination of age?
University of Regensburg
Institute of Analytical Chemistry, Chemo- and Biosensors
Dr. Robert Schupfner
Tel.: +49 941 943-4939
8. Whom can I contact if I have questions about the determination of origin?
World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)
Senior Programme Officer
Tel.: +49 30 311 777-290
9. Whom can I contact if I have general questions about ivoryID?
Federal Agency for nature conservation Germany (BfN)
Head of Division
Im- and Export of parts and derivatives
Tel.: +49 228 8491-1311